Friday, April 9, 2010

Dinner for tOday!

Alhamdulillah.... After so long I was craving to eat a home cooked meal and at last tonight was the day! Hehe.... I just couldn’t bear to eat outside food anymore. With not much choice and too much of ajinomoto, I rather eat at a home cooked meal. I only wish if the hostel have a kitchen. At least a place to cook no matter if it is a small kitchen. I just can’t stand to eat outside laa... I love to cook but not much recipe that I know. All this while, the only menu that I usually cook is lamb & chicken curry, black pepper chicken, chicken & beef with ketchup, fried chicken & fish, sweet sour fish (most of the time x jadi pun), ayam & lamb masak merah. Not much kan? If veggies, basically I can cook anything laa depends on what veggies we have. Normally I prefer to eat ulam & coleslaw as it is easier to prepare and healthier to be eaten. Yet, I’m grateful that I know how to cook even though only a few dishes.

Well, it seems that I have to learn more. And lately, I’ve been looking for the recipe of paprik. Paprik is always my choice when I have to order food. But in a variety type of lauk laa.. Sometimes chicken or beef or prawn. I love prawn paprik!! Hehehe.... ok laa. Actually, I wanted to share the dishes that I cooked for today. The menu was lamb masak merah, fried tempe, mix veggies fried with mushrooms and long beans & broccoli. Everything was finished eaten by abah, mama, angah, kakcik, adik & me even though the lamb was quite salty. Hehehe.... Sorry lerr. It has been almost 2-3 month I have not cooked at home I think. It seems that after this I need to polish my cooking skills. This recipe was taken from makcik2 who taught us cooking in R2J2 programme. Actually it was for ayam masak merah for nasi tomato, but I applied it to this lamb. Sori kambing ye? hehe... well, I'm glad that I can remember the recipe. ^_^"

First Menu; Lamb masak merah

Ingredients:
A:
-Of course lamb (any parts u like)
B:
-Garlic (half of the whole garlic)
-2 Red onions
-A thumb size of ginger
-1 stalk of lemon grass
C:
-A handful of dried chilies
how to do it???
1) Firstly, boil the dried chili in boiled water. Then, after the chili looks a bit fluffy, filter the chilies in a filter.
2) Next, chop all ingredient B into dices and blend it all together with the dried chilies.
3) Then, 'tumis' the blended ingredients, put some salt & sugar secukup rasa and after a while put in the lamb.
4) Be patient. It might take one half hour to 2 hours to cook.
5) And there u go... the dish is ready!
Have a good try! hehe.... (x delaa pandai sangat pun tp saje je nak share.)
the veggies is being fried in the wOk~
ready to be serve!!
Ok, that is all from me! Have a nice try.....

4 comments:

nuha said...

duduk oversea, no choice-->kene pandai masak plus masak lauk yg pelbagai..kalau tak, makan lauk same je la hari2..hihi..

ps: sini xde prawn=.=" hoho~

Unknown said...

bismillah.masa untuk makan.yay.

akak_!MaN said...

nuha:

hehehe....nt blajo masakan orang sane, pastu ajo ana ye?

akufobio:

hah, makan2! jangan laptop tu habes dibaham sudeyh~

Tarhata Kiran said...

tahniah....:)